This site is dedicated to the historical timeline and all information released via local and national press in regard to the local conflict with mega developer Tres Santos. This is to show the history of this conflict to create awareness and help to educate others.
You will learn the following;
Impacts this mega development has had on local community and fishermen:
ENDANGERS THE EXISTENCE OF LOCAL FISHERMEN BY
• Stripping them of their concession area.
• Invading the space they need to maneuver their boats.
• Taking possession of buildings historically owned by fishermen.
• Eroding the beach to unnatural conditions.• Damaging their boats with rocks from its seawall.
THREATENS THE LOCAL WATER SUPPLY OF TODOS SANTOS BY
• Breaking their promise to not touch a single drop of municipal water.
• Pumping municipal water with no meter or contract.• Building a water storage tank larger than the town’s.
• Hoarding water while many barrios have gone without it for years.
• Not being transparent with the community about their water use.
VIOLATES THE LOCAL ZONING PLAN BY
• To ensure sustainable growth the senate passed a local PDU zoning doc covering Elias Callis to Las Playitas
• Tres Santos plans are not in accordance to what is acceptable density-wise, with population and environment.
DISREGARDS ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS BY
• Infringing on the Federal Maritime Zone.
• Covering up wetlands and lagoons.
• Destroying mangrove and other endemic flora.
• Building a desalination plant where one cannot exist.